Lots by Category
Terms & Conditions
Property is located 1 ¾ miles east of Denmark on Highway 16, then 1 mile north on 320th Avenue,
then ¼ mile west on Old Quarry Road to 3265 Old Quarry Road, Wever, IA
Bidding Opens: Wednesday, July 6
Bidding Closes: Wednesday, July 13, 2022 at 4PM
Open House on Wednesday, June 29 from 4-5PM
Auctioneer’s Note: Country living at its best! This property has it all. A large 4 bedroom home, oversized 2 car garage, shop, several outbuildings, Skunk River access, plenty of room for livestock, a huge garden area, a flowing creek, two small ponds and more.
4 Bedroom Home on 15.17 Acres M/L
- Two story home with over 2,200 sq.ft. of total living space.
- Home was built in 1967.
- Lower level offers a living room, kitchen with refrigerator, stove & microwave, dining area with woodburning stove, full bathroom, laundry room, bonus recreational room with office/non-conforming bedroom and a 8’x21’ three season sunroom.
- Upper level has 4 bedrooms and a full bath.
- Owner states the home will have a new concrete patio & retaining wall added prior to closing.
- All electric home with new shingles 2 yrs. ago, vinyl replacement windows in the upper level, (2) wells with several hydrants throughout the property, one well is 250’ deep.
- Buildings include a 24’x40’ detached garage with heated workshop & hot tub, 30’x44’ pole barn of which 30’x30’ is insulated and has a 24’x20’ lean to & 16’x32’ lean to, 16’x20’ shed w/ 14’x20’ lean to, Golf cart shed, Chicken coop, Lawn shed, Garden shed, Two story tree house w/ porta potty, Sawmill shed & Insulated fishing cabin
- Property has two ponds and Skunk River access with a fishing deck.
- Madison school district, Access Energy electric & Windstream internet.
- Situated on 15.17 acres M/L with FSA indicating 3.54 acres tillable, balance being timber, pond & homestead.
- View FSA information
- View Seller's Disclosure, Lead Based Paint Disclosure
Included: Refrigerator, Stove, Microwave, (2) Window A/C units, Hot tub, Any item present on the day of closing.
Not included: Washer, Dryer, Freezers, Lawn ornaments, Sawmill, Cut logs, Farm equipment, Air compressor, 2 Post car lift, All personal property, attached & unattached.
Terms: 10% down payment on July 13, 2022. Balance due at final settlement/closing with a projected date of August 26, 2022, upon delivery of merchantable abstract and deed and all objections have been met.
Possession: Projected date of August 26, 2022.
Real Estate Taxes: To be prorated to date of possession on the basis of the last available tax statement. Seller shall pay any unpaid real estate taxes payable in prior years.
Tax Parcel 020504233000110 - Net - $2,328.00
- The online buyer’s premium of $1,000 will be added to the bid amount to arrive at the total contract purchase price.
- If a bid is placed with less than 4 minutes left, the time on the auction will extend another 4 minutes. This will continue until no bids are placed within the last 4 minutes.
- Down payment is due on the day the bidding closes and signing of the contracts will take place through email and electronic document signatures. In the event the auction bidding closes after 3:00pm, the earnest money will be due the following business day.
- It shall be the obligation of the Buyer to report to the Lee County FSA office and show filed deed in order to receive the following if applicable: A. Allotted base acres(if any). B. Any future government programs.
- Property will be selling lump sum price.
- The Seller shall not be obligated to furnish a survey.
- The Buyer shall be responsible for mowing the property starting from July 13, 2022 until final settlement/closing.
- The Seller shall bear the responsibility and expense to have the septic system pumped (if required) & inspected, prior to closing, as required by the Iowa DNR. It shall also be the Seller’s responsibility and expense, if needed, to upgrade, repair, or any other matters to the septic system in accordance with Lee County & Iowa Laws & regulations. Prior to closing, the Seller shall acquire the proper paperwork required by the Lee County Sanitarian for the septic system.
- This auction sale is not contingent upon Buyer’s financing or any other Buyer contingencies.
- If a Buyer is unable to close due to insufficient funds or otherwise, Buyer will be in default and the deposit money will be forfeited.
- The Buyer shall be responsible for any fencing in accordance with state law.
- The Buyer shall be responsible for installing his/her own entrances if needed or desired.
- If in the future a site clean-up is required, it shall be at the expense of the Buyer.
- All mineral rights, if any, held by Seller will be transferred upon closing.
- There is a verbal agreement for the neighbor to the south to access the tillable land by the river.
- This real estate is selling subject to any and all covenants, restrictions, encroachments and easements, as well as all applicable zoning laws.
- The Buyer acknowledges that they have carefully and thoroughly inspected the real estate and are familiar with the premises. The Buyer is buying this real estate in its "as is" condition and there are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the real estate.
- All lines, drawings and boundaries are approximate.
- Steffes Group, Inc. is representing the Seller.
- Any announcements made the day of sale take precedence over advertising.
Click Here to View the Acreage Equipment & Personal Property Auction
Sellers: Paul D. & Amber L. LawsonArtemio M. Santiago – Closing Attorney for Seller
|Sort By:||Results Per Page:||
As with any auction all items sell as-is with no guarantees or warranties of any type. Descriptions, photos and statements made or offered by sellers or auction staff are deemed correct but are not guaranteed. You are responsible for your own physical inspections, due diligence and any bids placed.
Place your bid:
Please ensure cookies are enabled in your browser settings in order to bid.
|Sort By:||Results Per Page:||