DUBUQUE COUNTY IOWA LAND & ACREAGE AUCTION
Located 8 ½ miles south of Dubuque on Highway 61, then 2 ½ miles southwest on Bennettville Rd to 4580 Bennettville Rd, Zwingle, IA.
Bidding Opens: Tuesday, April 4th
Bidding Closes: Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 10AM
Open House on Tuesday, March 28 from 10-11AM
36.81± Acres M/L – Sells In 1 Tract
Selling Free & Clear for 2023 Farming Season
Auctioneer’s Note: Wonderful chance to bid your price on an acreage in the country with 36± Acres with tillable land & several usable buildings. Come to the Open House, then bid your price online!
36.81± Acres with Mobile Home & Buildings
This property includes a 1990 model, 2 bedroom, 1 bath, 1,056 sq.ft. mobile home and a well. Outbuildings include a 40’x100’ Quonset, (2) 40’x80’ machine sheds, 24’x56’ shed, concrete silage bunker, (3) grain bins & (2) silos.
FSA indicates: 33.30 acres tillable.
Corn Suitability Rating 2 is 70.2 on the tillable acres.
Located in Sections 9 & 10, Washington Township, Dubuque County, Iowa.
View Soil Map
View FSA Field Map
View FSA 156 EZ form
View Seller's Disclosure
Included: Appliances, Any item present on the day of final settlement/closing.
Not included: 1,000 gal. LP tank (leased), All personal property of tenant’s, Farm equipment
Terms: 15% down payment on April 11, 2023. Balance due at final settlement with a projected date of May 26, 2023, upon delivery of merchantable abstract and deed and all objections have been met.
Possession: Immediate possession will be given on the tillable land. A projected possession date of May 26, 2023 on the mobile home and buildings.
Real Estate Taxes: To be prorated to date of possession on the basis of the last available tax statement. Seller shall pay any unpaid real estate taxes payable in prior years.
The following taxes are approximate and will be used to prorate at closing:
Tax Parcels: 2109200006, 2110100006 - $1,712.00 Net
- This online real estate auction will have a 5% buyer’s premium. This means the buyer’s premium in the amount of five percent (5%) of the bid amount shall be charged to the Buyer and added to the bid amount to arrive at the total contract purchase price.
- Down payment is due on the day the bidding closes and signing of the real estate contracts will take place through email and electronic document signatures. In the event the auction bidding closes after 3:00pm, the earnest money will be due the following business day.
- If a bid is placed with less than 4 minutes left on the auction, the time on the auction will extend another 4 minutes. This will continue until no bids are placed within the last 4 minutes.
- Seller has served termination to the tenants, therefore the land, home & buildings are selling free and clear for the 2023 farming season.
- It shall be the obligation of the Buyer to report to the appropriate County FSA office and show filed deed in order to receive the following if applicable: A. Allotted base acres. B. Any future government programs. Final tillable acres to be determined by the FSA office as tract lines may overlap field lines.
- Land will be sold by the acre with the Assessor acres of 36.81 will be the multiplier for said tract.
- The Seller shall not be obligated to furnish a survey.
- Due to this being a Trust, the Seller will be exempt from Time of Transfer Inspection of the septic, according to Iowa Code 455B.172(11). Any future inspections, upgrades, repairs, maintenance or other matters to the septic system will be at the Buyer's expense in accordance with Dubuque County & Iowa Laws & regulations.
- This auction sale is not contingent upon Buyer’s financing or any other Buyer contingencies.
- If a Buyer is unable to close due to insufficient funds or otherwise, Buyer will be in default and the deposit money will be forfeited.
- The Buyer shall be responsible for any fencing in accordance with Iowa state law.
- The Buyer shall be responsible for installing his/her own entrances if needed or desired.
- If in the future a site clean-up is required, it shall be at the expense of the Buyer.
- All mineral rights, if any, held by Seller will be transferred to Buyer upon closing.
- This real estate is selling subject to any and all covenants, restrictions, encroachments and easements, as well as all applicable zoning laws.
- All lines, drawings, boundaries, dimensions, and descriptions are approximations only based upon the best information available and are subject to possible variation. Sketches may not be drawn to scale and photographs may not depict the current condition of the property. Bidders should inspect the property and review all the pertinent documents and information available, as each bidder is responsible for evaluation of the property and shall not rely upon the Seller, Broker or Auctioneer, their Employees or Agents.
- The Buyer acknowledges that they have carefully and thoroughly inspected the real estate and are familiar with the premises. The Buyer is buying this real estate in its "as is" condition and there are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the real estate.
- Steffes Group, Inc. is representing the Seller.
- Any announcements made the day of sale take precedence over advertising.
Seller: Virgil G. Bradley Trust
U.S. Bank, Scott Starkweather, Trustee
James Goodman of Goodman Law Group, PLC – Closing Attorney for Seller
Mason Holvoet - Iowa Real Estate Salesperson S69890000
Duane Norton - Iowa Real Estate Salesperson S64572000
Steffes Group, Inc., 2245 East Bluegrass Road, Mt. Pleasant, IA 52641
FSA Field Map
FSA 156 EZ form