GREENE COUNTY IOWA LAND AUCTION
Land is located ¾ miles east of Dana on E26/170th Street.
Auction to be held at 209 Main, 209 South Main St., Paton, IA 50217
THURSDAY, APRIL 13, 2023 AT 11AM
120± Acres – Sells In 1 Tract
Selling Free and Clear for 2023 Farming Season!
Auctioneer’s Note: Here is your chance to add 120 acres of 79.9 CSR2 land to your farming operation or investment portfolio. Bid in person or online!
120± Acres – Subject to final survey - Please note provision change: The north border line has been marked by a licensed surveyor, at Seller’s expense. The Seller has decided to forego surveying the entire tract. The Seller shall not be obligated to furnish a survey. Therefore, the land will be sold by the acre with Assessor’s gross acres of 120 being the multiplier.
Terms: 10% down payment on April 13, 2023. Balance due at final settlement with a projected date of May 26, 2023, upon delivery of merchantable abstract and deed and all objections have been met.
Possession: Immediate possession.
Real Estate Taxes: To be prorated to date of possession on the basis of the last available tax statement. Seller shall pay any unpaid real estate taxes payable in prior years.
The following taxes are approximate and will be used to prorate at closing:
Tax Parcels: 803300003, 803300001, 803100003 - $4,072.00 Net.
- Seller has served termination to the tenant, therefore the land will be selling free and clear for the 2023 farming season.
- Buyer at final settlement shall reimburse the Seller for the anhydrous cost of 95 acres X $143.96 = $13,676.20 and fertilizer costs of 95 acres X $186.75 = $17,741.25. View Fertilizer Invoice. View Soil Sampling Records.
- Land has an easement agreement for a pipeline easement to be installed. Said easement agreement & amendments shall be assigned to the Buyer. Buyer shall receive any & all future payments for said easement. View Pipeline Easement View First Amendment to Easement Agreement
- It shall be the obligation of the Buyer to report to the appropriate County FSA office and show filed deed in order to receive the following if applicable: A. Allotted base acres. B. Any future government programs. CRP Prorate. D. Final tillable acres to be determined by the FSA office, as tract lines may overlap field lines.
- Buyer agrees to follow all requirements of conservation plans and practices required by the FSA to maintain eligibility in the Conservation Reserve Program. Buyer agrees to accept responsibility and liability for any actions by the Buyer which would endanger eligibility for the CRP or actions that would require repayment of the CRP payment or payments. Buyer further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sellers for any recovery sought by the FSA due to actions of Buyer, which would violate the requirements of the CRP.
- Land will be surveyed by a licensed surveyor, at Seller’s expense. Land will be sold by the acre with gross surveyed acres being the multiplier. In the event the final survey is not completed by auction day or if the recorded survey is different than the announced gross surveyed acres, adjustments to the final contract price will be made accordingly at closing.
- Please note provision change: The north border line has been marked by a licensed surveyor, at Seller’s expense. The Seller has decided to forego surveying the entire tract. The Seller shall not be obligated to furnish a survey. Therefore, the land will be sold by the acre with Assessor’s gross acres of 120 being the multiplier.
- This auction sale is not contingent upon Buyer’s financing or any other Buyer contingencies.
- If a Buyer is unable to close due to insufficient funds or otherwise, Buyer will be in default and the deposit money will be forfeited.
- The Buyer shall be responsible for any fencing in accordance with Iowa state law.
- The Buyer shall be responsible for installing his/her own entrances if needed or desired.
- If in the future a site clean-up is required, it shall be at the expense of the Buyer.
- All mineral rights, if any, held by Seller will be transferred to Buyer upon closing.
- This real estate is selling subject to any and all covenants, restrictions, encroachments and easements, as well as all applicable zoning laws.
- All lines, drawings, boundaries, dimensions and descriptions are approximations only based upon the best information available and are subject to possible variation. Sketches may not be drawn to scale and photographs may not depict the current condition of the property. Bidders should inspect the property and review all the pertinent documents and information available, as each bidder is responsible for evaluation of the property and shall not rely upon the Seller, Broker or Auctioneer, their Employees or Agents.
- The Buyer acknowledges that they have carefully and thoroughly inspected the real estate and are familiar with the premises. The Buyer is buying this real estate in its "as is" condition and there are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the real estate.
- Steffes Group, Inc. is representing the Seller.
- Any announcements made the day of sale take precedence over advertising.
Seller: Lillian M. Howard Estate
Larry Fatka – Executor
Brett Legvold of Arends, Lee, Emick, Legvold & Myott – Closing Attorney for Seller
For information contact Tracy Coffland of Steffes Group at 319.385.2000 or 319.350.5003
Tracy Coffland - Iowa Real Estate Salesperson S70695000
Steffes Group, Inc., 2245 East Bluegrass Road, Mt. Pleasant, IA 52641
FSA 156 EZ form
FSA Field Map
Soil Sampling Records
First Amendment to Easement Agreement
County Tile Map
Real Estate Contract